Hiab introduces the MULTILIFT Ultima - a revolution in productivity, ease of use and safety
CARGOTEC CORPORATION, PRESS RELEASE, 19 SEPTEMBER 2018, AT 2.30 PM EEST
Hiab, part of Cargotec, is proud to introduce the next generation of hooklifts, the MULTILIFT Ultima, with several industry-first innovations that will enhance productivity, ease of use and operational safety.
Hiab is the market leader with its MULTILIFT XR range, the predecessor of the now launched MULTILIFT Ultima.
"The Terho brothers from Raisio, Finland, developed the demountable system in 1947 and turned it into a commercial product in 1949. Ever since this time, the MULTILIFT brand has been the industry leader. With the MULTILIFT Ultima, we reinforce our long tradition of innovation. The MULTILIFT Ultima makes use of state-of-the-art technologies such as cameras, smart sensors, and advanced connectivity features, to make operating the hooklift easier and safer than ever before", says Henri Janhonen, Director, Sales and Product Business Management at MULTILIFT product line, Hiab.
The MULTILIFT Ultima features a number of industry-first innovations that will help operators in every type of loading task:
· HookliftAssist(TM) offers operators three different levels of camera-based assistance, guiding the load-handling operation.
· SafePositioning(TM) is a detection system designed to safely slide containers into a pre-set position based on their length. The system automatically stops containers from dropping off rear rollers and prevents damage to other equipment such as truck cranes.
· Integrated Load Weighing (patent pending) is available with MULTILIFT Ultima ensuring everything required to maximize your payload while avoiding the risk of overload charges. This unique system calculates weight during the loading process, replacing the need to use an auxiliary indicative weighing system with a more cost-effective solution that lets the operator work more efficiently than ever before.
· FutureTouch(TM) display is an advanced all-in-one interface that lets the operator control every aspect of the hooklift and other on-truck equipment. With the FutureTouch(TM) display, the operator has easy access to diagnostic messages, load indicator and weight information, the Integrated Weighing System, and more, from a single, convenient interface.
· uControl represents a new era of hooklift control, thanks to the three different control system options that form part of Hiab's revolutionary uControl platform. uControl Base, Flex and Pro lets Hiab's customers choose exactly the right level of control for a wide range of modern loading tasks.
The MULTILIFT Ultima can be ordered with HiConnect(TM), a connected service for Hiab customers to enhance productivity, efficiency and the safety of their business and the connected Hiab equipment. Clear and simple overviews and graphs help customers monitor status, plan maintenance and improve the operation of each unit and operator.
As with all Hiab equipment, the new MULTILIFT Ultima also comes with the option of Hiab ProCare(TM), a flexible service contract designed to secure the uptime of the equipment. Scheduled and preventive maintenance helps retain the same high quality the customer has invested in. Using original spare parts and the highest standards, our global service network takes professional care of every piece of Hiab equipment, reducing the risk of costly breakdowns and unexpected downtime.
The MULTILIFT Ultima is ready to receive orders at the IAA exhibition and the first deliveries will start during the fourth quarter of 2018.
Please visit us to learn more about the MULTILIFT Ultima at our stand P35 at the IAA exhibition in Hannover, Germany from 20-27 September and join our launch event at the outdoor stand on Thursday 20 September at 12.30 CEST.
The event will be also live streamed and available here: https://www.hiab.com/en/multilift/highlights/multilift-ultima/
For further information, please contact:
Henri Janhonen, Director, Sales and Product Business Management, MULTILIFT product line, Hiab
tel. +358 41 506 2252, email@example.com
Erik Grafström, Marketing Manager, MULTILIFT product line, Hiab,
tel. +46 706 260 226, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiab is the world's leading provider of on-road load handling equipment, intelligent services and digitally connected solutions. As the industry pioneer, Hiab's more than 3,300 employees worldwide focus on our commitment to increase efficiency in our customers' businesses and to shape the future of intelligent load handling.
Hiab's offering encompasses class-leading load-handling equipment, including HIAB loader cranes, LOGLIFT and JONSERED forestry and recycling cranes, MOFFETT truck mounted forklifts, MULTILIFT demountables, and tail lifts under the ZEPRO, DEL, and WALTCO brands. Hiab's ProCareTM service, award-winning HiVisionTM crane control system, and HiConnectTM platform demonstrate our constant drive to provide intelligent services and connected solutions that add value to our customers. www.hiab.com
Hiab is part of Cargotec Corporation. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2017 totalled approximately EUR 3.2 billion, and it employs over 11,000 people. www.cargotec.com