Over the past five years MacGREGOR has delivered orders in excess of US$5 million of cargo and ballast valve systems and their controls, for tankers and other vessels, significantly strengthening its position in this market
The MacGREGOR Group United Arab Emirates-based Service division has recently completed the modernisation and overhaul of cargo valve control systems on board five tankers owned by the National Iranian Tanker Company (NITC). The project started in spring this year and is part of an ongoing series of work undertaken by MacGREGOR Middle East office for the company.
Following the acquisition of hydraulic specialist Otecnor in 2001, MacGREGOR has been continuously developing and increasing its sales, and therefore the available market share of the business, in cargo and ballast valve systems and their controls, for tankers and other vessels
Darko Bogdanovic, MacGREGOR regional manager for the Middle East, said: This increase in business proves that MacGREGOR is on the right track with its strategy to become an important player in the liquid cargo market.
In the past five years, MacGREGOR has carried out, or is completing this year, orders worth in excess of US$5 million. These projects include:
- The modernisation of cargo valve control system and anchor winches on five tankers owned by NITC (in 2001)
- The delivery of ballast valve systems (including ballast valves) for a floating dock built in Dubai Drydocks for Saudi Aramco (in 2002)
- The delivery to Dubai Drydocks of cargo and ballast valve systems (including valves) for four bunker tankers. Installation and commissioning of the system on two of the tankers have already been completed and the remaining two are expected to be commissioned by the end of 2006.
- The modernisation and overhaul of cargo valve control systems on five 298,000 dwt tankers owned by NITC, completed between spring and autumn this year
- The renewal of piping of cargo valve systems with multi-core tubes carried out as part of a routine job for MacGREGOR flying squad on board eight tankers while they remained in operation between 2002 and 2006.
The work that we have carried out was done to increase the reliability and functionality of the vessels and thus improve their profitability, Mr Bogdanovic said. MacGREGOR was chosen for the task because of its expertise, innovation and flexibility in the execution of the orders, which were driven by customers needs.
Each project was completed either in Dubai during a vessel drydocking or while in operation, and was executed in close co-operation between MacGREGOR local office and the Tanker Hydraulic Solutions team.
For further information, please contact:
Darko Bogdanovic, Regional Manager, MacGREGOR (ARE) LLC,
Al Quoz Industrial Area 4, Street 14B, Between Interchanges 3 and 4 Dubai, UAE
Tel: + 971 4 34 13 933 > 111 Fax: + 971-4-34 13 110
MacGREGOR Group press office:
Mr Steve Labdon, MacGREGOR Group Media Representative
Tel: +44 (0)20 8364 1441 Fax: +44 (0)20 8364 1331