4/24/2006 12:00 PM|
Stock Exchange Release, April 24, 2006 at 12:00 p.m. Finnish time
- Cargotec enjoyed record orders in the first quarter of EUR 805 (1–3/2005: 645) million.
- The order book on March 31, 2006 totaled EUR 1,439 (December 31, 2005: 1,257) million.
- Net sales amounted to EUR 614 (1–3/2005: 550) million.
- Operating income was EUR 51.0 (1–3/2005: 36.7) million.
- Cash flow from operating activities before financial items and taxes totaled EUR 40.6 (1–3/2005: 16.1) million.
- Net income for the reporting period amounted to EUR 34.0 (1–3/2005: 21.6) million.
- Earnings per share were EUR 0.53 (1–3/2005: 0.34).
- Cargotec's market situation is expected to remain good. Order intake is expected to continue strong during the second quarter of 2006 even if it is not expected to reach the very high first quarter level. Cargotec's growth is supported by the growth in orders received as well as acquisitions complementing the business. Year 2006 net sales are estimated to grow by close to 10 percent while the target is to reach an 8 percent operating margin.
The comparison figures presented in this Interim Report for January–March 2005 are pro forma figures.
Cargotec's President and CEO Carl-Gustaf Bergström:
"Our orders in the first quarter broke records in all of our three business areas. We have had an excellent start to the year in all respects and achieved an operating margin of 8 percent for the rolling 12-month period," states President and CEO Carl-Gustaf Bergström.
Analyst and Press Conference
An analyst and press conference (in Finnish) will be arranged on April 24 at 2.00 p.m. Finnish time at Cargotec's head office, Sörnäisten rantatie 23, Helsinki.
An international telephone conference for analysts and investors will be held at 4 p.m.
Finnish time. The presentation material will be available on the Company's internet pages from 2.00 p.m. Finnish time.
The conference call phone numbers are as follows:
+1 617 614 3926 (if calling from the U.S.)
+44 20 7365 8426 (if calling from rest of world)
Access code: Cargotec Corporation
The telephone conference can also be viewed as a live audio webcast through the internet at www.cargotec.com starting at 4.00 p.m. Finnish time. The archived webcast will be posted on the internet pages later the same day.
The entire release including tables is available in attached pdf file.
Senior Executive Vice President and CFO
SVP, Investor Relations and Communications
For further information please contact:
Kari Heinistö, Senior Executive Vice President and CFO, tel. +358 204 55 4256
Eeva Mäkelä, SVP, Investor Relations and Communications, tel. +358 204 55 4281
Cargotec Corporation is the world's leading provider of cargo handling solutions, which are used in local transportation, terminals, ports, distribution centers and ships. Cargotec's operations are divided into three strong, global business areas: Hiab, Kalmar and MacGREGOR, each of which is the market leader in its own segment. In 2005, Cargotec's net sales exceeded EUR 2.3 billion. The company employs some 7,700 people and operates in more than 160 countries. Cargotec's class B shares are listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.