10/19/2006 12:00 PM|
Stock Exchange Release, October 19, 2006 at 12.00 p.m.
• Orders received totaled EUR 2,194 (1–9/2005: 1,795) million. During the third quarter, orders received amounted to EUR 603 (7–9/2005: 578) million.
• The order book on September 30, 2006 totaled EUR 1,594 (December 31, 2005: 1,257) million.
• Net sales amounted to EUR 1,900 (1–9/2005: 1,737) million with EUR 625
(7–9/2005: 577) million attributable to the third quarter.
• Operating income from operations was EUR 163.7 (1–9/2005: 126.3) million with EUR 52.0 (7–9/2005: 41.6) million attributable to the third quarter.
• Cargotec's operating income for January–September including the capital gain from the divestment of property totaled EUR 181.6 (1–9/2005: 126.3) million. Operating income for third quarter was EUR 69.9 (7–9/2005: 40.0) million.
• Cash flow from operating activities before financial items and taxes totaled EUR 178.8 (1–9/2005: 111.4) million.
• Net income for the reporting period amounted to EUR 126.6 (1–9/2005: 86.2) million.
• Earnings per share were EUR 1.96 (1–9/2005: 1.34).
• Cargotec's market situation is expected to continue good. Order intake for the fourth quarter is expected to improve from the third quarter level. As previously estimated Cargotec's year 2006 net sales are expected to exceed EUR 2.6 billion and operating margin from operations is expected to exceed 8 percent.
The comparison figures presented in this Interim Report for January–September 2005 are pro forma figures. The comparison figures for July–September 2005 are based on Cargotec's first official interim report.
Cargotec's President and CEO Mikael Mäkinen:
"The third quarter developed according to our expectations as the market situation continued positive. The high order book implies a busy delivery quarter going ahead and we repeat our previous estimate for the full year. The appointments made in September-October strengthen our management resources in strategic priority areas. The strong Executive Board and financial position support the development of our business."
Analyst and Press Conference
An analyst and press conference (in Finnish) will be arranged on October 19, 2006 at 2.00 p.m. Finnish time at Cargotec's head office, Sörnäisten rantatie 23, Helsinki.
An international telephone conference for investors and analysts will be held on the same day at 4 p.m. Finnish time. The presentation material will be available on Cargotec's internet pages from 2.00 p.m. Finnish time. The conference call phone numbers are as follows:
+ 1 617 213 8065 (if calling from the U.S.)
+ 44 20 7365 8426 (if calling from rest of world)
Access code: Cargotec Corporation
The telephone conference can also be viewed as a live audio webcast through the internet at www.cargotec.com starting at 4.00 p.m. Finnish time. The archived webcast will be posted on the internet pages later on the same day.
The report and the entire release including tables are
available in attached pdf files.
Senior Executive Vice President and CFO
SVP, Investor Relations and Communications
For further information, please contact:
Kari Heinistö, Senior Executive Vice President and CFO, tel. +358 204 55 4256
Eeva Mäkelä, SVP, Investor Relations and Communications, tel. +358 204 55 4281
Cargotec Corporation is the world's leading provider of cargo handling solutions, which are used in local transportation, terminals, ports, distribution centers, and ships. Cargotec's operations are divided into three strong, global business areas: Hiab, Kalmar, and MacGREGOR, each of which is the market leader in its own segment. In 2005 Cargotec's net sales exceeded EUR 2.3 billion. The company employs some 8,000 people and has activities in more than 160 countries. Cargotec's class B shares are listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.