1/30/2007 12:00 PM|
Stock Exchange Release, January 30, 2007 at 12:00 p.m. Finnish time
• Orders received grew significantly and reached EUR 2,910 (1–12/2005: 2,385) million. During the fourth quarter, orders received amounted to EUR 716 (10–12/2005: 591) million.
• The order book on December 31, 2006 totaled EUR 1,621 (December 31, 2005: 1,257) million.
• Net sales grew to EUR 2,597 (1–12/2005: 2,358) million with EUR 697 (10–12/2005: 622) million attributable to the fourth quarter.
• Operating income from operations rose markedly to EUR 221.7 (1–12/2005: 179.4) million with EUR 57.7 (10–12/2005: 52.7) million attributable to the fourth quarter.
• Operating income including non-recurring capital gains rose to EUR 239.5 (1–12/2005: 194.8) million. Operating income for fourth quarter was EUR 57.9 (10–12/2005: 66.4) million
• Cash flow from operating activities before financial items and taxes was strong and totaled EUR 249.8 (1–12/2005: 194.1) million.
• Net income for the reporting period amounted to EUR 166.1 (1–12/2005: 136.6) million.
• Earnings per share were EUR 2.57 (1–12/2005: 2.11).
• Board of Directors will propose at the Annual General Meeting that a dividend of EUR 0.99 per each class A and EUR 1.00 per each class B share be paid.
• Cargotec's market outlook for 2007 is positive. The high market activity and strong order book in all business areas give a good start for the year. Completed and targeted acquisitions will support further sales growth. Operating income from operations in 2007 is expected to continue to increase although the operating margin development will be slightly affected by planned investments in future growth.
Cargotec Corporation has been listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange since June 1, 2005. The comparative figures presented in this financial statements review for January–December 2005 are provided as additional information and are unaudited pro forma figures. The comparative figures for June–December 2005 are audited figures based on Cargotec's first official financial period. Year 2006 figures are audited.
Cargotec's President and CEO Mikael Mäkinen:
"Year 2006 was prosperous for Cargotec. We continued successfully our profitable growth. Our net sales grew by 10 percent to EUR 2.6 billion while our operating margin from operations improved from 7.6% in the previous year to 8.5%. We continue to develop our business to reach our new financial targets."
Analyst and Press Conference
An analyst and press conference (in Finnish) will be arranged on January 30, 2007 at 2.00 p.m. Finnish time at Cargotec's head office, Sörnäisten rantatie 23, Helsinki.
An international telephone conference for investors and analysts will be held on the same day at 4 p.m. Finnish time. The presentation material will be available on Cargotec's internet pages by 2.00 p.m. Finnish time.
The conference call phone numbers are as follows:
+1 617 213 8845 (if calling from the U.S.)
+44 20 7365 8426 (if calling from rest of world)
Access code: Cargotec Corporation
The telephone conference can also be viewed as a live audio webcast through the internet at www.cargotec.com, starting at 4.00 p.m. Finnish time. The archived webcast will be posted on the internet pages later on the same day.
The entire Financial Statements Review including tables is available in attached pdf files.
Senior Executive Vice President and CFO
SVP, Investor Relations and Communications
For further information, please contact:
Kari Heinistö, Senior Executive Vice President and CFO, tel. +358 204 55 4256
Eeva Mäkelä, SVP, Investor Relations and Communications, tel. +358 204 55 4281
Cargotec is the world's leading provider of cargo handling solutions whose products are used in the different stages of material flow in ships, ports, terminals, distribution centers and local transportation. Cargotec Corporation's brands, Hiab, Kalmar and MacGREGOR, are market leaders in their fields and well-known among customers all over the world. Cargotec's net sales are EUR 2.6 billion. The company employs close to 9,000 people and operates in approximately 160 countries. Cargotec's class B shares are quoted on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.